AppDynamics vs Instrumental: What are the differences?
What is AppDynamics? Application management for the cloud generation. AppDynamics develops application performance management (APM) solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications through transaction flow monitoring and deep diagnostics.
What is Instrumental? Visualize any aspect of your application performance, measure production code in real-time, and share with your entire team. Instrumental is a real-time application and server monitoring platform. With over a million datapoints processed every second, we're one of the highest scale monitoring services.
AppDynamics and Instrumental can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by AppDynamics are:
- End User Monitoring
- Real-Time Business Transaction Monitoring
- Visualize & Manage your Entire Application
On the other hand, Instrumental provides the following key features:
- Application monitoring - we accept any volume of arbitrary data, making it easy to set up graphs to measure the performance of your application in real time
- Server monitoring - Ruby apps can use our instrumental tools gem to monitor information like CPU statistics, memory usage, disk space, and all the other things you'll need to monitor your servers. Language support - Ruby is supported using a custom library, and all other languages are supported with our Statsd backend
- RESTful API - upon authentication, data is collected and returned in strict JSON format
"Deep code visibility" is the primary reason why developers consider AppDynamics over the competitors, whereas "Best, fastest, and easiest-to-use Interface" was stated as the key factor in picking Instrumental.
What is AppDynamics?
What is Instrumental?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Instrumental?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Instrumental?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
AppDynamics is used to monitor our full end to end user experience journey's including the infrastructure health.
APM for our web apps, and rolling out of the End User Experience Monitoring