What is Morpheus?
Morpheus is a cloud application management and orchestration platform that works on any cloud or infrastructure, from AWS to bare metal. Enjoy complete cloud freedom with Morpheus.
Morpheus is a tool in the Cloud Management category of a tech stack.
Who uses Morpheus?
5 companies reportedly use Morpheus in their tech stacks, including IT, ulta, and WGU.
11 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Morpheus.
Amazon EC2, DigitalOcean, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and OpenStack are some of the popular tools that integrate with Morpheus. Here's a list of all 7 tools that integrate with Morpheus.
Why developers like Morpheus?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Morpheus
- Provisioning - Intuitive UI lets you provision databases, apps, and app stack components on any server or cloud — on-premise, private, public, or hybrid — within seconds. Provisioning is performed asynchronously, allowing multiple IT systems to be provisioned simultaneously.
- Rapid Implementation - The future is fast. That’s why a typical Morpheus installation takes just 60 minutes and requires minimal IT support. Saving you time and money, so you can focus on what truly matters to your organization.
- Elastic Scaling & Failover - Easily manage databases and apps by adding more nodes on the web UI, CLI, or through an API call. Morpheus automatically configures the database or app cluster to accommodate these new nodes.
- Logging & Monitoring - Morpheus automatically collects system, database, and application logs for all provisioned IT systems. These logs are used for faster introspection and troubleshooting. Additionally, each new provisioned system is set up automatically for uptime monitoring. Users are pro-actively alerted about performance and uptime issues.
- Access & Role Management - Define different roles and access for individual users. Admins can delegate responsibility and access to different teams and individuals for specific geographic zones, server groups, individual apps, or databases.
- CLI & Open API's - Open REST API's enable integration with heterogeneous systems. Advanced developers can utilize the standards-based Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Backup & Recovery - Automatic backups are set up and performed on each new database or app stack component. Users have the flexibility to edit the day, time, and frequency of the backups. Admins can define the destination targets where backups are stored (either local storage or cloud), eliminating the need for writing custom cron jobs.
Morpheus Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Morpheus?
See all alternatives
smith is a simple command line utility for building microcontainers from rpm packages or oci images.
MongoDB Cloud Manager
It is a hosted platform for managing MongoDB on the infrastructure of your choice. It saves you time, money, and helps you protect your customer experience by eliminating the guesswork from running MongoDB.
Automation is the core of RightScale, freeing you to run efficient, scalable, and highly-available applications. Our multi-cloud integration enables you to choose your own clouds, providing freedom to work with any vendor in a rapidly changing market. And rest assured knowing that you have visibility and control over all of your resources in one place. To take advantage of best practices, we encourage you to tap into cloud expertise provided by our service, support, and partner networks when building and managing your infrastructure.
It provides a simple but feature-rich and flexible solution for the comprehensive management of virtualized data centers to enable on-premise enterprise clouds in existing infrastructures. It can be primarily used as a virtualization tool to manage your virtual infrastructure in the data-center or cluster, which is usually referred as Private Cloud. It supports Hybrid Cloud to combine local infrastructure with public cloud-based infrastructure, enabling highly scalable hosting environments.
Scalr is not an infrastructure provider or reseller. The infrastructure you deploy on is yours: you give us the keys to your infrastructure cloud so we can make the API calls to the provider on your behalf and so we can also rev up or power down servers for you. When traffic piles up, Scalr detects the increased load, commissions new servers for you from the cloud, and then spreads the load. When using Scalr ConfigTemplates, you can easily make configuration changes for services such as MySQL and Apache. Scalr does the heavy work, pushing those changes out to your servers.