Administrate vs Atlas-DB: What are the differences?
What is Administrate? Rails framework for creating flexible admin dashboards, by thoughtbot. Administrate is heavily inspired by projects like Rails Admin and ActiveAdmin, but aims to provide a better user experience for site admins, and to be easier for developers to customize.
What is Atlas-DB? Backend for managing dimensional time series data, by Netflix. Atlas was developed by Netflix to manage dimensional time series data for near real-time operational insight. Atlas features in-memory data storage, allowing it to gather and report very large numbers of metrics, very quickly.
Administrate and Atlas-DB belong to "Database Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Administrate are:
- No DSLs (domain-specific languages)
- Support the simplest use cases, and let the user override defaults with standard tools such as plain Rails controllers and views.
- Break up the library into core components and plugins, so each component stays small and easy to maintain.
On the other hand, Atlas-DB provides the following key features:
- Manages dimensional time series data
- In-memory data storage
- Captures operational intelligence
Administrate and Atlas-DB are both open source tools. It seems that Administrate with 4.43K GitHub stars and 779 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Atlas-DB with 2.4K GitHub stars and 204 GitHub forks.