Aerobatic vs Azure Websites: What are the differences?
What is Aerobatic? Smart Hosting for Single Page Apps. In a nutshell, it's a platform as a service (PaaS) for HTML5 web apps. You could think of it as Heroku for the front-end. It provides a streamlined developer workflow and a suite of cloud-based smart hosting modules that are highly complementary to your custom app code running in the browser.
What is Azure Websites? Deploy and scale modern websites and web apps in seconds. Azure Websites is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables you to build, deploy and scale enterprise-grade web Apps in seconds. Focus on your application code, and let Azure take care of the infrastructure to scale and securely run it for you.
Aerobatic and Azure Websites belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Aerobatic are:
- Build feature-rich HTML 5 single page apps in the cloud
- Enhanced integration, performance, and security over static apps
- Built-in asset delivery optimization
On the other hand, Azure Websites provides the following key features:
- .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python
- Built-in AutoScale and Load Balancing
- High Availability with Auto-Patching