Apex vs Azure Functions: What are the differences?
What is Apex? Serverless Architecture with AWS Lambda. Apex is a small tool for deploying and managing AWS Lambda functions. With shims for languages not yet supported by Lambda, you can use Golang out of the box.
What is Azure Functions? Listen and react to events across your stack. Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in virtually any Azure or 3rd party service as well as on-premises systems.
Apex and Azure Functions belong to "Serverless / Task Processing" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Apex are:
- Supports languages Lambda does not natively support via shim, such as Go
- Binary install (useful for continuous deployment in CI etc)
- Project level function and resource management
On the other hand, Azure Functions provides the following key features:
- Easily schedule event-driven tasks across services
- Expose Functions as HTTP API endpoints
- Scale Functions based on customer demand
Apex is an open source tool with 7.82K GitHub stars and 567 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Apex's open source repository on GitHub.