What is Bitbucket?
Who uses Bitbucket?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Bitbucket in their tech stack.
Confluence is content collaboration software that changes how modern teams work. I'm pretty comfortable using Bitbucket services.
Hi, I need advice. In my project, we are using Bitbucket hosted on-prem, Jenkins, and Jira. Also, we have restrictions not to use any plugins for code review, code quality, code security, etc., with bitbucket. Now we want to migrate to AWS CodeCommit, which would mean that we can use, let's say, Amazon CodeGuru for code reviews and move to AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline for build automation in the future rather than using Jenkins.
Now I want advice on below.
- Is it a good idea to migrate from Bitbucket to AWS Codecommit?
- If we want to integrate Jira with AWS Codecommit, then how can we do this? If a developer makes any changes in Jira, then a build should be triggered automatically in AWS and create a Jira ticket if the build fails. So, how can we achieve this?
We are using a Bitbucket server, and due to migration efforts and new Atlassian community license changes, we need to move to a new self-hosted solution. The new data-center license for Atlassian, available in February, will be community provisioned (free). Along with that community license, other technologies will be coming with it (Crucible, Confluence, and Jira). Is there value in a paid-for license to get the GitHub Enterprise? Are the tools that come with it worth the cost?
I know it is about $20 per 10 seats, and we have about 300 users. Have other convertees to Microsoft's tools found it easy to do a migration? Is the toolset that much more beneficial to the free suite that one can get from Atlassian?
So far, free seems to be the winner, and the familiarization with Atlassian implementation and maintenance is understood. Going to GitHub, are there any distinct challenges to be found or any perks to be attained?
- Unlimited private repositories, charged per user
- Best-in-class Jira integration
- Built-in CI/CD
- Deployment visibility
- Embedded Trello boards
- Command Instructions
- Source Browser
- Git Powered Wikis
- Integrated Issue Tracking
- Code reviews with inline comments
- Compare View
- Developer Profiles
- Autocompletion for @username mentions
- Support for Mercurial