What is Azure DevOps?
Who uses Azure DevOps?
Azure DevOps Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Azure DevOps in their tech stack.
I am managing a medium-sized team (15-20 people) who are geographically dispersed. Our team works in privacy, security, data governance, and compliance, but we DO NOT develop software. So, our choices boil down to Jira, Azure DevOps Boards, and Asana.
We are looking for a tool that:
- Is user-friendly for non-technicians and easy for us to self-administer.
- Permits us to automate common workflows.
- Allows us to classify work across multiple dimensions.
- Permits cross-functional visibility across work teams to identify potential points of collaboration and historical work projects.
- Enables management visibility to see where we may be overtaxed or under-resourced or whether the time is spent on the right priorities.
- Enables engagement/task assignments to people who are not necessarily on our team (i.e., I need someone in HR to do "X") - preferably without their needing to be fully licensed.
- Makes it easier for everyone to understand how their work connects to the broader team's big-picture goals.
- Enables easy integration with other common workplace tools.
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Azure DevOps's Features
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
- Continuous Integration: automated builds and diagnostics
- Cloud build agents: cross-platform agents for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Testing Tools: unit testing, load testing, manual, exploratory and user acceptance testing
- Release Management: automate deployments, gated approval workflows, audit trails
- Marketplace: extensions for the Visual Studio family of products
- Package Management: host npm and NuGet packages
- IDE Support: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Xcode and Visual Studio
- Integration: link code and releases to work items, builds, and test results