What is Azure DevOps?
Azure DevOps provides unlimited private Git hosting, cloud build for continuous integration, agile planning, and release management for continuous delivery to the cloud and on-premises. Includes broad IDE support.
Azure DevOps is a tool in the Integrated Development Environment Tools category of a tech stack.
Who uses Azure DevOps?
252 companies reportedly use Azure DevOps in their tech stacks, including Microsoft, ViaVarejo, and QRPoint.
1271 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Azure DevOps.
Azure DevOps Integrations
GitHub, Git, Docker, Slack, and Jenkins are some of the popular tools that integrate with Azure DevOps. Here's a list of all 44 tools that integrate with Azure DevOps.
Pros of Azure DevOps
Complete and powerful
Huge extension ecosystem
Flexible and powerful
One Stop Shop For Build server, Project Mgt, CDCI
Everything I need. Simple and intuitive UI
Support Open Source
Project Mgmt Features
Cost free for Stakeholders
One 4 all
Runs in the cloud
Agent On-Premise(Linux - Windows)
Azure DevOps's Features
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
- Continuous Integration: automated builds and diagnostics
- Cloud build agents: cross-platform agents for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Testing Tools: unit testing, load testing, manual, exploratory and user acceptance testing
- Release Management: automate deployments, gated approval workflows, audit trails
- Marketplace: extensions for the Visual Studio family of products
- Package Management: host npm and NuGet packages
- IDE Support: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Xcode and Visual Studio
- Integration: link code and releases to work items, builds, and test results
Azure DevOps Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Azure DevOps?
See all alternatives
In a nutshell Jenkins CI is the leading open-source continuous integration server. Built with Java, it provides over 300 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over three million people use GitHub to build amazing things together.
CodePipeline builds, tests, and deploys your code every time there is a code change, based on the release process models you define.
Jira's secret sauce is the way it simplifies the complexities of software development into manageable units of work. Jira comes out-of-the-box with everything agile teams need to ship value to customers faster.
Visual Studio is a suite of component-based software development tools and other technologies for building powerful, high-performance applications.