What is Azure Cosmos DB?
Who uses Azure Cosmos DB?
Azure Cosmos DB Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Azure Cosmos DB in their tech stack.
Need thoughts of which services to use either Amazon DynamoDB or Azure Cosmos DB. I'm more interested in performance comparision between these tools
We have an in-house build experiment management system. We produce samples as input to the next step, which then could produce 1 sample(1-1) and many samples (1 - many). There are many steps like this. So far, we are tracking genealogy (limited tracking) in the MySQL database, which is becoming hard to trace back to the original material or sample(I can give more details if required). So, we are considering a Graph database. I am requesting advice from the experts.
- Is a graph database the right choice, or can we manage with RDBMS?
- If RDBMS, which RDMS, which feature, or which approach could make this manageable or sustainable
- If Graph database(Neo4j, OrientDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Amazon Neptune, ArangoDB), which one is good, and what are the best practices?
I am sorry that this might be a loaded question.
I am currently using Azure Cosmos DB for our IoT platform and am planning to switch to another #NoSQL database for cost and other related issues. I am also looking for a database that has higher capabilities towards reporting solutions through Power BI or other reporting tools.
Azure Cosmos DB's Features
- Fully managed with 99.99% Availability SLA
- Elastically and highly scalable (both throughput and storage)
- Predictable low latency: <10ms @ P99 reads and <15ms @ P99 fully-indexed writes
- Globally distributed with multi-region replication
- Rich SQL queries over schema-agnostic automatic indexing
- Well-defined tunable consistency models: Strong, Bounded Staleness, Session, and Eventual