Apigee vs IBM - API Connect: What are the differences?
What is Apigee? Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world.
What is IBM - API Connect? A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management. A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management.
Apigee and IBM - API Connect can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, IBM - API Connect provides the following key features:
- Create scalable and secure APIs for application servers, databases, enterprise service buses (ESB) and mainframes
- Manage—create and manage portals that allow developers to quickly discover and consume APIs and securely access enterprise data, and monitor APIs to improve performance.
- Secure—Administrators can manage security and governance over APIs and the microservices. IT can set and enforce API policies to secure back-end information assets and comply with governance and regulatory mandates.
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the primary reason why developers consider Apigee over the competitors, whereas "Innovated Approach, Super customer support" was stated as the key factor in picking IBM - API Connect.