Apigee vs Insomnia REST Client: What are the differences?
Apigee: Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world; Insomnia REST Client: The most intuitive cross-platform REST API Client 😴. Insomnia is a powerful REST API Client with cookie management, environment variables, code generation, and authentication for Mac, Window, and Linux.
Apigee and Insomnia REST Client can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Insomnia REST Client provides the following key features:
- Mac, Windows and Linux
- Data import/export
- SSL client certificates
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the primary reason why developers consider Apigee over the competitors, whereas "Easy to work with" was stated as the key factor in picking Insomnia REST Client.
Insomnia REST Client is an open source tool with 10.2K GitHub stars and 590 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Insomnia REST Client's open source repository on GitHub.
Digimedia ENVISION, 8villages, and Clippings are some of the popular companies that use Insomnia REST Client, whereas Apigee is used by OpenGov, Trustpilot, and RapidSOS. Insomnia REST Client has a broader approval, being mentioned in 35 company stacks & 30 developers stacks; compared to Apigee, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
What is Apigee?
What is Insomnia REST Client?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Insomnia REST Client?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Insomnia REST Client?
We've tried a couple REST clients over the years, and Insomnia REST Client has won us over the most. Here's what we like about it compared to other contenders in this category:
- Uncluttered UI. Things are only in your face when you need them, and the app is visually organized in an intuitive manner.
- Native Mac app. We wanted the look and feel to be on par with other apps in our OS rather than a web app / Electron app (cough Postman).
- Easy team sync. Other apps have this too, but Insomnia's model best sets the "set and forget" mentality. Syncs are near instant and I'm always assured that I'm working on the latest version of API endpoints. Apps like Paw use a git-based approach to revision history, but I think this actually over-complicates the sync feature. For ensuring I'm always working on the latest version of something, I'd rather have the sync model be closer to Dropbox's than git's, and Insomnia is closer to Dropbox in that regard.
Some features like automatic public-facing documentation aren't supported, but we currently don't have any public APIs, so this didn't matter to us.