App.io vs chromeos-apk: What are the differences?
App.io: Run iOS apps in any web browser. App.io (previously Kickfolio) is an interactive, HTML5 mobile development & marketing tool that allows customers to play with iPhone and iPad apps directly inside a web browser; chromeos-apk: Run Android APKs in Chrome OS OR Chrome in OS X, Linux and Windows. Run Android APKs on Chrome OS, OS X, Linux and Windows.
App.io and chromeos-apk belong to "Desktop Browser Mobile App Emulators" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by App.io are:
- Share and view your test builds on any browser and any device.
- Easily present new iterations to your clients all over the world.
- Let your audience experience your app and increase quality downloads.
On the other hand, chromeos-apk provides the following key features:
- Supports OS X, Linux and Windows
- The following apps work: Flipboard, Flixster, Twitter
- You can run up to 4 Android applications right now with the regular runtime
chromeos-apk is an open source tool with 6.74K GitHub stars and 823 GitHub forks. Here's a link to chromeos-apk's open source repository on GitHub.