Apportable vs Django REST framework: What are the differences?
Apportable: Objective-C for Android. Apportable lets you cross-compile your iOS app and re-use the same code across platforms; Django REST framework: Web APIs for Django. Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit that makes it easy to build Web APIs.
Apportable and Django REST framework are primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" and "Microframeworks (Backend)" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Apportable are:
- Apportable compiles your app to run natively on Android, with speed and playability that rivals the iOS version
- We bake in performance optimizations for the latest devices and firmware updates, and Android-specific functionality such as "Lights Out" mode, hardware specific buttons, and more
On the other hand, Django REST framework provides the following key features:
- The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
- Authentication policies including OAuth1a and OAuth2 out of the box.
- Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
Django REST framework is an open source tool with 14.7K GitHub stars and 4.33K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Django REST framework's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Apportable?
What is Django REST framework?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Apportable?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions