Ardoq vs Slate: What are the differences?
What is Ardoq? SaaS Platform focusing on automating and visualizing your documentation. Ardoq's out of the box visualizations are automatically created in real-time. All changes and relationships are visualized simultaneously and are context sensitive. With Ardoq, you can see your documentation in the perspectives that best suit your needs.
What is Slate? Beautiful static documentation for your API, inspired by Stripe's and Paypal's API docs. Slate helps you create beautiful API documentation. Think of it as an intelligent, responsive documentation template for your API.
Ardoq and Slate belong to "Documentation as a Service & Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Ardoq are:
- Navigate Systems and Dependencies Through Interactive and Customizable Visualisations.
- Perform Consequence Analysis Through Visualisations.
- Extensive REST-api for Customisation and Automation.
On the other hand, Slate provides the following key features:
- Clean, intuitive design — with Slate, the description of your API is on the left side of your documentation, and all the code examples are on the right side. Inspired by Stripe's and Paypal's API docs. Slate is responsive, so it looks great on tablets, phones, and even print.
- Everything on a single page — gone are the days where your users had to search through a million pages to find what they wanted. Slate puts the entire documentation on a single page. We haven't sacrificed linkability, though. As you scroll, your browser's hash will update to the nearest header, so linking to a particular point in the documentation is still natural and easy.
- Slate is just Markdown — when you write docs with Slate, you're just writing Markdown, which makes it simple to edit and understand. Everything is written in Markdown — even the code samples are just Markdown code blocks!
Slate is an open source tool with 27.4K GitHub stars and 17K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Slate's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Ardoq?
What is Slate?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Ardoq?
What are the cons of using Slate?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Ardoq?
What tools integrate with Slate?
Two weeks ago we released the public API for Checkly. We already had an API that was serving our frontend Vue.js app. We decided to create an new set of API endpoints and not reuse the already existing one. The blog post linked below details what parts we needed to refactor, what parts we added and how we handled generating API documentation. More specifically, the post dives into:
- Refactoring the existing Hapi.js based API
- API key based authentication
- Refactoring models with Objection.js
- Validating plan limits
- Generating Swagger & Slate based documentation