Assemble vs Hexo: What are the differences?
What is Assemble? The static site generator for Node.js, Grunt.js and Yeoman. Most popular site generator for Grunt.js and Yeoman. Assemble is used to build hundreds of web projects, ranging in size from a single page to 14,000 pages (that we're aware of!).
What is Hexo? A fast, simple & powerful blog framework, powered by Node.js. Hexo is a fast, simple and powerful blog framework. It parses your posts with Markdown or other render engine and generates static files with the beautiful theme. All of these just take seconds.
Assemble and Hexo belong to "Static Site Generators" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Assemble are:
- Allows you to carve your HTML up into reusable fragments: partials, includes, sections, snippets... Whatever you prefer to call them, Assemble does that.
- Optionally use layouts to wrap your pages with commonly used elements and content.
- "Pages" can either be defined as HTML/templates, JSON or YAML, or directly inside the Gruntfile.
On the other hand, Hexo provides the following key features:
- Blazing Fast - Node.js brings you incredible generating speed. Hundreds of files take only seconds to build.
- Markdown Support - All features of GitHub Flavored Markdown are supported. You can even use most Octopress plugins in Hexo.
- One-Command Deployment - You only need one command to deploy your site to GitHub Pages, Heroku or other sites.
Assemble and Hexo are both open source tools. Hexo with 27.1K GitHub stars and 3.6K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Assemble with 3.7K GitHub stars and 256 GitHub forks.
What is Assemble?
What is Hexo?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Assemble?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Assemble?
What are the cons of using Hexo?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Assemble?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Content for blog posts and pages is written in markdown format, using Emacs. Hexo generates the site using my own customised theme. The site is then deployed to Github pages
To build my site blog. I also created a tag plugin for Hexo that enables you to embed Deezer objects in your page.