Azure Websites vs dotCloud: What are the differences?
Azure Websites: Deploy and scale modern websites and web apps in seconds. Azure Websites is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables you to build, deploy and scale enterprise-grade web Apps in seconds. Focus on your application code, and let Azure take care of the infrastructure to scale and securely run it for you; dotCloud: Deploy, manage and scale any web app. Build your ideal application stack by combining powerful cloud services. Experiment for free, then go live and only pay for what you need. dotCloud enables developers and IT organizations to deploy, manage and scale their applications with unprecedented ease and flexibility by assembling and customizing powerful pre-configured stacks and services.
Azure Websites and dotCloud can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Websites are:
- .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python
- Built-in AutoScale and Load Balancing
- High Availability with Auto-Patching
On the other hand, dotCloud provides the following key features:
- Develop faster- Don’t waste time with servers. Just select the services you need, combine them in a stack, and get back to writing code. It’s like playing lego!
- Don't worry about ops- We keep your app running 24/7 with built-in load-balancing, monitoring and failover. Scale in seconds to handle surges in traffic - and only pay for what you need.
- Not just for throw-away apps- Create maintainable, future-proof applications with a service-oriented architecture. Build custom services and network topologies. Need custom support, pricing or SLAs? We do that too.
What is Azure Websites?
What is dotCloud?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose dotCloud?
What are the cons of using Azure Websites?
What are the cons of using dotCloud?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use Azure's Websites to host our app and site. Continuous deployment from GitHub is the handiest feature, check in and before you know it your updated site is already online.
Azure WebSites is the fully managed scalable platform for hosting web content and running background jobs.