bitHound vs Scrutinizer: What are the differences?
bitHound: Continuous analysis for Node.js projects. Identify risks and priorities in your dependencies and code. With faster deployment cycles, a hundred competing priorities and tight deadlines to juggle– your team has a lot on their plate. Uncover and focus on the critical issues impacting your team, avoid software pitfalls and ship with confidence; Scrutinizer: Continuous inspection platform - improve code quality and find bugs before they hit production. Scrutinizer is a continuous inspection platform helping you to create better software.
bitHound and Scrutinizer can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by bitHound are:
- Do you know when your third party dependencies are at risk? bitHound gives you insight into the insecure, deprecated, outdated and unused packages impacting your software.
- We analyze your code to help your team determine where focus is needed. Understand the mechanical issues impacting your codebase, reduce complexity and clutter, and gain insights that go beyond the command line with bitHound.
- Whether it's formal issue management or the team's pending tech debt, it's important to get on top of these issues. bitHound offers an improved understanding of how the team is performing together and whether or not items are being left behind.
On the other hand, Scrutinizer provides the following key features:
- Continuously measure and track your code quality
- Project quality broken down
- Know your problem areas
"Automatic dependency analysis" is the primary reason why developers consider bitHound over the competitors, whereas "Github integration / sync" was stated as the key factor in picking Scrutinizer.