What is Code Climate?
After each Git push, Code Climate analyzes your code for complexity, duplication, and common smells to determine changes in quality and surface technical debt hotspots.
Code Climate is a tool in the Code Review category of a tech stack.
Who uses Code Climate?
185 companies reportedly use Code Climate in their tech stacks, including StackShare, Accenture, and Graphy.
267 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Code Climate.
Code Climate Integrations
GitHub, Slack, HipChat, Semaphore, and Flowdock are some of the popular tools that integrate with Code Climate. Here's a list of all 8 tools that integrate with Code Climate.
Pros of Code Climate
Auto sync with Github
Simple grade system that motivates to keep code clean
Free for open source
Hotspots for quick refactoring candidates
Continued encouragement to a have better / cleaner code
Makes you a better coder
Safe and Secure
GitHub integration, status inline in PRs
Locally Installable API
Extremely accurate in telling you the errors
great open community
Sep 25 2015 at 8:45AM
May 15 2015 at 3:43PM
Code Climate's Features
- Automated Git Updates- Nothing to install. Code Climate runs everytime you push a new commit.
- Activity Feeds- Up-to-the-minute information so you can see when and how code changes.
- Instant Notifications- Major security and quality changes pushed to where you work: email, Campfire, HipChat, and RSS feeds.
- Team Sharing- Instant access for your whole team to maximize code visibility across projects.
- Hotspots- A hit list for refactoring. Target your messiest areas one-by-one.
- Duplication Detection- Fuzzy matching algorithm finds DRY-violations that human reviewers might miss.
- Email Notification- Instant email notifications to let you know when new security and code issues arise
- Security Dashboard- Organized listing of your app's vulnerabilities, including when they were first introduced and how to address them.
- Alerts for New Rails Disclosures- Going beyond Gemfile analysis to let you know whether you're at high risk based on how your specific code uses a vulnerable library.
- Start Fixing with One Click- Full integration with Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Issues, and Lighthouse lets you open tickets instantly.
- GitHub Integration- Post-receive hooks for instant updates and GitHub drilldown links throughout.
- Test Coverage Integration- Surfacing coverage information at the repo, class, and source listing level.
- Private, Safe, and Secure- All data is private by default. SSL encryption everywhere.
Code Climate Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Code Climate?
See all alternatives
Codacy automates code reviews to improve and standardize code quality across large enterprises. It identifies issues through static code analysis. Integrates with GitLab, GitHub & Bitbucket.
Our patrons rave about our elegant coverage reports, integrated pull request comments, interactive commit graphs, our Chrome plugin and security.
Coveralls works with your CI server and sifts through your coverage data to find issues you didn't even know you had before they become a problem. Free for open source, pro accounts for private repos, instant sign up with GitHub OAuth.
SonarQube provides an overview of the overall health of your source code and even more importantly, it highlights issues found on new code. With a Quality Gate set on your project, you will simply fix the Leak and start mechanically improving.
GitPrime uses data from GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket—or any Git based code repository—to help engineering leaders move faster, optimize work patterns, and advocate for engineering with concrete data.