Blitline vs Firesize: What are the differences?
Developers describe Blitline as "Image processing in the cloud (cropping, rotating, compositing, filtering)". Blitline drastically reduces the amount of work you need to develop an application that does any image processing. Stop rebuilding the same image processing functionality, let us do it for much less than it would cost you to make and support it. Pay for only the image processing time that your jobs use. We believe your images should be YOUR images. We also believe that you should never be "locked in" to using Blitline. The flexibility of the JSON API means you could stub out Blitline later without ever touching your production/deployed code. On the other hand, Firesize is detailed as "On the fly image resizing. No code required. Built-in CDN". Firesize is a hosted image processing proxy. It's focused on doing one thing fast: resizing and cropping images on demand. It's a simple url based API allows you to quickly generate images on demand.
Blitline and Firesize can be categorized as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blitline are:
- Industrial Strength- If you are a website that needs to manipulate large numbers of photos, Blitline is your economical solution.
- Convenient- If you are importing photos from an external service and need to crop, thumbnail, or process them, we are your answer.
- Versatile- Screenshots, PDFs, animated GIFs, obscure image formats, we are your one stop shop for all of these.
On the other hand, Firesize provides the following key features:
- Processing options specified via URL
- URL signing (for security)
- Process images from anywhere (no uploading to Firesize required)
Firesize is an open source tool with 92 GitHub stars and 40 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Firesize's open source repository on GitHub.