Bootstrap vs Bootstrap.build: What are the differences?
What is Bootstrap? Simple and flexible HTML, CSS, and JS for popular UI components and interactions. Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
What is Bootstrap.build? A powerful Bootstrap theme builder. a web app to create custom Bootstrap themes and export them to a SASS variables file or a brand new Bootstrap build. Enjoy inline code editor, Sketch-like color picker, +/- buttons for unit variables, SASS variables typeahead and Google fonts integration. Open Source.
Bootstrap can be classified as a tool in the "Front-End Frameworks" category, while Bootstrap.build is grouped under "Bootstrap Tools".
Some of the features offered by Bootstrap are:
- Preprocessors: Bootstrap ships with vanilla CSS, but its source code utilizes the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. Quickly get started with precompiled CSS or build on the source.
- One framework, every device: Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.
- Full of features: With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.
On the other hand, Bootstrap.build provides the following key features:
- Built for Bootstrap 4
- All Google Fonts are available and auto suggested for font variables
- Search all available variables
Bootstrap and Bootstrap.build are both open source tools. Bootstrap with 134K GitHub stars and 66K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Bootstrap.build with 361 GitHub stars and 37 GitHub forks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Bootstrap?
What is Bootstrap.build?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions