Caire vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
What is Caire? Content aware image resize library. A content aware image resize library based on the Seam Carving for Content-Aware Image Resizing paper.
What is scikit-image? Image processing in Python. scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
Caire and scikit-image belong to "Image Processing and Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Caire are:
- Customizable command line support
- Support for both shrinking or enlarging the image
- Resize image both vertically and horizontally
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
Caire and scikit-image are both open source tools. Caire with 8.93K GitHub stars and 311 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than scikit-image with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks.