What is Caire?
A content aware image resize library based on the Seam Carving for Content-Aware Image Resizing paper
Caire is a tool in the Image Processing and Management category of a tech stack.
Caire is an open source tool with 9.1K GitHub stars and 327 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Caire's open source repository on GitHub
Why developers like Caire?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Caire
- Customizable command line support
- Support for both shrinking or enlarging the image
- Resize image both vertically and horizontally
- Can resize all the images from a directory
- Does not require any third party library
- Use of sobel threshold for fine tuning
- Use of blur filter for increased edge detection
Caire Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Caire?
See all alternatives
OpenCV was designed for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications. Written in optimized C/C++, the library can take advantage of multi-core processing. Enabled with OpenCL, it can take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the underlying heterogeneous compute platform.
Cloudinary is a cloud-based service that streamlines websites and mobile applications' entire image and video management needs - uploads, storage, administration, manipulations, and delivery.
imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
The universal multimedia toolkit.
scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.