Caire vs ImageBoss: What are the differences?
What is Caire? Content aware image resize library. A content aware image resize library based on the Seam Carving for Content-Aware Image Resizing paper.
What is ImageBoss? On-demand content aware image processing API. Content aware image resizing, cropping, compression, cache and globally deliver. All web development best practices, hassle free in one simple and powerful API.
Caire and ImageBoss can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Caire are:
- Customizable command line support
- Support for both shrinking or enlarging the image
- Resize image both vertically and horizontally
On the other hand, ImageBoss provides the following key features:
- Perfect Thumbnails - ImageBoss identifies the content of your image and, in case we need to crop it to accomodate your dimensions, we make sure that the soul of the image won't be lost on the process.
- Fast delivery, every time - Every time you generate a new image it gets copied to hundreds of servers across the world so your users can download your images at maximum speed.
- Fast image loading - ImageBoss uses the best algorithms available for image manipulation taking the all the juice we can get during calculations and image manipulations. Also, all your PNG and JPG images with progressive scans technology with the best compression techonology available.
Caire is an open source tool with 8.91K GitHub stars and 311 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Caire's open source repository on GitHub.