Clair vs DevSpace for Kubernetes: What are the differences?
Clair: Open Source Vulnerability Analysis for your Containers. Clair is a container vulnerability analysis service by CoreOS. It provides the list of vulnerabilities that threaten each container and can sends notifications whenever new vulnerabilities that affect existing containers are released; DevSpace for Kubernetes: The Fastest Developer Tool for Kubernetes. It is an open-source developer tool for Kubernetes that lets you develop and deploy cloud-native software faster. It is a client-only CLI tool that runs on your machine and works with any Kubernetes cluster. You can use it to automate image building and deployments, to develop software directly inside Kubernetes and to streamline workflows across your team as well as across dev, staging and production.
Clair and DevSpace for Kubernetes can be primarily classified as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Clair are:
- api defines how users interact with Clair and exposes a documented HTTP API.
- worker extracts useful informations from layers and store everything in the database.
- updater periodically updates Clair's vulnerability database from known vulnerability sources.
On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes provides the following key features:
- Automated Image Building with devspace build
- Automated Deployment with devspace deploy
- Efficient In-Cluster Development with devspace dev
Clair is an open source tool with 6.3K GitHub stars and 796 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Clair's open source repository on GitHub.