What is Codefresh?
Automate and parallelize testing. Codefresh allows teams to spin up on-demand compositions to run unit and integration tests as part of the continuous integration process. Jenkins integration allows more complex pipelines.
Codefresh is a tool in the Container Tools category of a tech stack.
Who uses Codefresh?
5 companies reportedly use Codefresh in their tech stacks, including Zenfulfillment, Octadesk, and BSConsult.
31 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Codefresh.
GitHub, Docker, Slack, Amazon EC2, and Jenkins are some of the popular tools that integrate with Codefresh. Here's a list of all 14 tools that integrate with Codefresh.
Why developers like Codefresh?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Codefresh
- Instant Dev, test and feature preview environments: Enables all team members to run any image as a standalone or composition for feature preview, manual testing, bug reproduction and more. Collaborate on features before pushing them into staging and production.
- Testing with every step: Configure your pipeline to run integration and unit tests with every step
- Instantly test all code changes in the Codefresh build system before pushing to staging & production. Run integration, unit tests in parallel.
- 360° view of Docker images: View commit info, test results and build logs for all images
- Manage Docker image labels and status, comment and see new feature branches
- search and filter based on any attribute.
- Out-of-the-box Docker buildpack for all technologies: Seamlessly package your code in a Docker image. Quickly associate a Dockerfile with your repo by selecting the repository technology stack (Java, Node, PHP, etc.). Codefresh then adds a template for Dockerizing apps.
- View and Access Running Container Logs: Access each container log directly from within the Codefresh platform. This lets you easily perform root-cause analysis on failed services and allows you to see logs in high debug model level.
- Support for Docker Compose 1 & 2: Manage your Docker Compose file natively in one place, with support for both Docker Compose versions 1 and 2. Use a built-in wizard to write Docker Compose files quickly.
- YAML file support: Customize and easily define your pipeline steps using a codefresh.yml file.
Codefresh Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Codefresh?
See all alternatives
In a nutshell Jenkins CI is the leading open-source continuous integration server. Built with Java, it provides over 300 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
Codeship runs your automated tests and configured deployment when you push to your repository. It takes care of managing and scaling the infrastructure so that you are able to test and release more frequently and get faster feedback for building the product your users need.
Continuous integration and delivery platform helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Offers a modern software development platform that lets teams ramp.
Created at Netflix, it has been battle-tested in production by hundreds of teams over millions of deployments. It combines a powerful and flexible pipeline management system with integrations to the major cloud providers.
ContainerShip is an open source hosting platform that makes it simple to build, scale and manage containerized web infrastructure. It supports applications with persistent data needs, has built in disaster recovery, and lets you move between clouds with a click.