What is Codeship?
Who uses Codeship?
Why developers like Codeship?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Codeship in their tech stack.
We are using GitLab CI and were very happy with it. The integration of all tools like CI/CD, tickets, etc makes it very easy to stay on top of things. But be aware, Gitlab currently does not have iOS build support. So if you want to exchange that for CircleCI / Codeship to have to invest some effort. We are using a managed Mac OS device and installed the Gitlab runner there, to have iOS builds.
When it comes to continuous Integration services, the choice is hard. There are several solutions available and it looks like the dev scene is very split. We've read and reviewed several solutions and we ended up making the choice between Codeship and Semaphore . Although Semaphore is used by slightly more developers, we've experienced a faster and easy flow using Codeship. Both do integrate Slack and GitHub very well, so this is not a point to set them apart. Both have a complex pricing system that is not that easy to calculate and predict. However, out in the wild, we found Codeship to have a better price point at heavy use.
Runs a full test suite whenever we push changes to master and if everything is good, automatically deploys our changes to production. Codeship
- Run you automated tests | Easily set up Codeship with Github or Bitbucket and trigger your automated tests with a simple push to your repository.
- 100 builds & 5 private projects free per month.
- Free for OSS.
- Configure deployment pipelines | Set up powerful deployment pipelines that let you deploy with ease and confidence multiple times a day.
- Notifications | Intelligent notifications and integrations keep your team up-to-date.
- SSH debug access | Easily ssh into a debug build to get more insights.
- Use your resources to build amazing products. Codeship takes care of managing and scaling your test and delivery infrastructure.