Kubenav vs Clair: What are the differences?
What is Kubenav? An open source mobile app to manage Kubernetes cluster. It is the navigator for your Kubernetes clusters right in your pocket. It is a mobile and desktop app to help you manage Kubernetes clusters and stay up to date on whats going on in your clusters.
What is Clair? Open Source Vulnerability Analysis for your Containers. Clair is a container vulnerability analysis service by CoreOS. It provides the list of vulnerabilities that threaten each container and can sends notifications whenever new vulnerabilities that affect existing containers are released.
Kubenav and Clair can be primarily classified as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Kubenav are:
- Available for mobile and desktop
- Manage workloads like Deployments, Pods and StatefulSets in your Kubernetes cluster
- Get an overview of other resources like Services, ConfigMaps, Persistent Volumes, Secrets and Role Bindings
On the other hand, Clair provides the following key features:
- api defines how users interact with Clair and exposes a documented HTTP API.
- worker extracts useful informations from layers and store everything in the database.
- updater periodically updates Clair's vulnerability database from known vulnerability sources.
Kubenav and Clair are both open source tools. It seems that Clair with 6.31K GitHub stars and 796 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Kubenav with 428 GitHub stars and 17 GitHub forks.