Cloudera Enterprise vs Google BigQuery: What are the differences?
What is Cloudera Enterprise? Enterprise Platform for Big Data. Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management tools plus dedicated support and community advocacy from our world-class team of Hadoop developers and experts.
What is Google BigQuery? Analyze terabytes of data in seconds. Run super-fast, SQL-like queries against terabytes of data in seconds, using the processing power of Google's infrastructure Load data with ease. Bulk load your data using Google Cloud Storage or stream it in. Easy access. Access BigQuery by using a browser tool, a command-line tool, or by making calls to the BigQuery REST API with client libraries such as Java, PHP or Python..
Cloudera Enterprise and Google BigQuery belong to "Big Data as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Cloudera Enterprise are:
- Unified – one integrated system, bringing diverse users and application workloads to one pool of data on common infrastructure
- no data movement required
- Secure – perimeter security, authentication, granular authorization, and data protection
On the other hand, Google BigQuery provides the following key features:
- All behind the scenes- Your queries can execute asynchronously in the background, and can be polled for status.
- Import data with ease- Bulk load your data using Google Cloud Storage or stream it in bursts of up to 1,000 rows per second.
- Affordable big data- The first Terabyte of data processed each month is free.
According to the StackShare community, Google BigQuery has a broader approval, being mentioned in 156 company stacks & 39 developers stacks; compared to Cloudera Enterprise, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.