Code Spotter vs Scrutinizer: What are the differences?
What is Code Spotter? Cloud-based Static Code Analysis for Java. Boolean satisfiability. Interprocedural data flow. Statistical analysis. We’ve got them all. Plus false path pruning, which understands the data dependencies in your code and eliminates infeasible paths from the analysis so you don’t waste time triaging non issues.
What is Scrutinizer? Continuous inspection platform - improve code quality and find bugs before they hit production. Scrutinizer is a continuous inspection platform helping you to create better software.
Code Spotter and Scrutinizer can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Code Spotter are:
- Accurate Java source code analysis
- Easy to understand results
- Uncover issues faster with deep source code analysis – find that needle in the haystack.
On the other hand, Scrutinizer provides the following key features:
- Continuously measure and track your code quality
- Project quality broken down
- Know your problem areas