Coverity Scan vs Codegrip: What are the differences?
Developers describe Coverity Scan as "Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free". Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other. On the other hand, Codegrip is detailed as "Automated Code Review Tool". It is an automated SaaS platform that helps developers to save time in code reviews and to tackle technical debt efficiently. It makes code review easier, instant, secure and cost friendly.
Coverity Scan and Codegrip can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Coverity Scan are:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI
On the other hand, Codegrip provides the following key features:
- Automate your Code Review Process in Seconds
- Health Check for your Code
- Get suggested solutions for each issue found in your code