CodeGuard vs GoDaddy: What are the differences?
CodeGuard: Time machine for your website. Backup, monitor, and undo changes. CodeGuard offers the most reliable backup on the market with 99.999999999% reliability. We achieve this by replicating your data in secure locations across the world and backing up your site automatically, everyday. Our dashboard tells you exactly when your next backup will occur, how many files were added, changed, or deleted in your previous backups, and lays all of this information out in an easy to understand way; GoDaddy: The Web's largest hosting and domain registration provider. Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable.
CodeGuard and GoDaddy are primarily classified as "Backup as a Service" and "Domain Registration" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by CodeGuard are:
- First connect your website to CodeGuard by giving us your sftp/ftp/mySQL information. We take an initial backup and show you real time updates of its progress.
- Monitor daily for changes.- During monitoring if we detect a change we send you a ChangeAlert email notifying you of what was added, modified, or deleted and when.
- You can restore your website or database to any previous backup version. You can download a zip of the contents at any time, choose an automatic restore, or restore individual files and folders.
On the other hand, GoDaddy provides the following key features:
- Private Registration- Keeps your personal information private, protecting you from spam, scams and worse.
- GeoDomainMap Tool- Quickly search for and register all the available domain names for a particular area or region (e.g. CedarRapidsCreativeWriters.com).
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)- Register .COM, .NET, .ORG and other popular domain names in any one of over 100 native languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Search using English or native character sets.