CommentBox.io vs Disqus: What are the differences?
CommentBox.io: A responsible alternative to Disqus. Hosted commenting that's painless to embed, a pleasure to use, and a breeze to moderate. No ads. No Tracking. Just Comments; Disqus: Elevating the discussion, anywhere on the web. Disqus looks to make it very easy and rewarding for people to interact on websites using its system. Commenters can build reputation and carry their contributions from one website to the next.
CommentBox.io and Disqus belong to "Commenting Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CommentBox.io are:
- Comments are our business. Not ads, not data. And no emails you didn't ask for.
- Clean, modern, and subtle enough to blend in with your aesthetic.
- Tame the wild west of internet comments with granular comment filters and blocking.
On the other hand, Disqus provides the following key features:
- Clean & Intuitive- We designed the platform to be clutter-free, which keeps people's eyes focused on the discussion itself.
- Fully real-time Live discussions- Discussions unfold in real-time. Comments stream as they are posted and user activity indicates life on your website.
- Activity indicators- Indicators make it easier for people to notice, see, and interact with new content and activity as it happens.
What is CommentBox.io?
What is Disqus?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose CommentBox.io?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using CommentBox.io?
What companies use CommentBox.io?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Have been using Disqus for a long time now, and have always been satisfied. Occasionally it's been a little slow to load, but I think it's gotten better over time. The UI has improved over time, too. Very easy to integrate into my Ghost blog, and complements it well in terms of styling. Very happy with it.
Disqus is a wonderful (and free) API/software platform to integrate for comments when you don't want to limit yourself to Facebook and have no interest in reinventing something done so well.
It is a solid, A-1 piece of software.
Blog comment hosting service used through Python static site-builder Pelican with theme pelican-bootstrap3.
Disqus is a nice well-known and easy to use commenting engine, plays well with most any web-facing integration.
A blog without a database generally needs an offsite commenting system. Disqus is mine.
Disqus is our comment service of choice for our blog