CommentBox.io vs Disqus: What are the differences?
CommentBox.io: A responsible alternative to Disqus. Hosted commenting that's painless to embed, a pleasure to use, and a breeze to moderate. No ads. No Tracking. Just Comments; Disqus: Elevating the discussion, anywhere on the web. Disqus looks to make it very easy and rewarding for people to interact on websites using its system. Commenters can build reputation and carry their contributions from one website to the next.
CommentBox.io and Disqus belong to "Commenting Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CommentBox.io are:
- Comments are our business. Not ads, not data. And no emails you didn't ask for.
- Clean, modern, and subtle enough to blend in with your aesthetic.
- Tame the wild west of internet comments with granular comment filters and blocking.
On the other hand, Disqus provides the following key features:
- Clean & Intuitive- We designed the platform to be clutter-free, which keeps people's eyes focused on the discussion itself.
- Fully real-time Live discussions- Discussions unfold in real-time. Comments stream as they are posted and user activity indicates life on your website.
- Activity indicators- Indicators make it easier for people to notice, see, and interact with new content and activity as it happens.
I created a Squarespace website with multiple blog pages. I discovered that the native Squarespace commenting tool is not currently capable of letting people subscribe to my blog pages if they are using Google Chrome or Safari! I then discovered that Disqus email verification doesn't work with Yahoo Mail. I also hate that there's no way to turn off that email verification (which I don't need since I moderate all comments anyway). So I want to use a different commenting system. I've read some good things about Commento. Three questions: (1) will it work on a Squarespace site? (I'll pay a developer to integrate it for me) (2) Does it have its own issues/elements that don't work smoothly, similar to the other two? (3) Is there another plugin I should be considering for my Squarespace site?