Coverity Scan vs Scrutinizer: What are the differences?
What is Coverity Scan? Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free. Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other.
What is Scrutinizer? Continuous inspection platform - improve code quality and find bugs before they hit production. Scrutinizer is a continuous inspection platform helping you to create better software.
Coverity Scan and Scrutinizer can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Coverity Scan are:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI
On the other hand, Scrutinizer provides the following key features:
- Continuously measure and track your code quality
- Project quality broken down
- Know your problem areas