DailyCred vs Devise: What are the differences?
DailyCred: Everything you need to manage users for your website or app. Everything you need is included: email verification, password resets, session cookies, and all the UI you need for sign in, and sign up. Skip all this work and get running instantly. If you already have a sign-in system, DailyCred sits side-by-side with the full power of user APIs and dashboards; Devise: Flexible authentication solution for Rails with Warden. Devise is a flexible authentication solution for Rails based on Warden.
DailyCred and Devise can be categorized as "User Management and Authentication" tools.
Some of the features offered by DailyCred are:
- One API for 12 OAuth Providers- Regardless of how your users sign up, DailyCred gives you access to identity information with a single consistent API. Sometimes users forget exactly how they signed up, so DailyCred prevents duplicate accounts for the same user.
- Security- Use our sign in UI, and get secure authentication over https for free. Don't waste another moment buying or implementing ssl certs ($70 on GoDaddy). Credentials are stored as salted hashes using bcrypt, the industry standard designed by Niels Provos and David Mazieres. DailyCred is securely hosted by Amazon AWS.
- CRM & Backoffice without the Hassle- We create a record of every user and lead that signs up on your website. We even show you how they found you, what campaign they came from, and what they did on your site before signing up. Resetting passwords, monitoring events, banning users, deleting or creating accounts and viewing your website as your users can be handled by any team member.
On the other hand, Devise provides the following key features:
- Is Rack based
- Is a complete MVC solution based on Rails engines
- Allows you to have multiple models signed in at the same time
Devise is an open source tool with 20K GitHub stars and 4.76K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Devise's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is DailyCred?
What is Devise?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use DailyCred?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with DailyCred?