DailyCred vs Stormpath: What are the differences?
Developers describe DailyCred as "Everything you need to manage users for your website or app". Everything you need is included: email verification, password resets, session cookies, and all the UI you need for sign in, and sign up. Skip all this work and get running instantly. If you already have a sign-in system, DailyCred sits side-by-side with the full power of user APIs and dashboards. On the other hand, Stormpath is detailed as "User Management and Authentication for Developers". Stormpath is an authentication and user management service that helps development teams quickly and securely build web and mobile applications and services.
DailyCred and Stormpath can be categorized as "User Management and Authentication" tools.
Some of the features offered by DailyCred are:
- One API for 12 OAuth Providers- Regardless of how your users sign up, DailyCred gives you access to identity information with a single consistent API. Sometimes users forget exactly how they signed up, so DailyCred prevents duplicate accounts for the same user.
- Security- Use our sign in UI, and get secure authentication over https for free. Don't waste another moment buying or implementing ssl certs ($70 on GoDaddy). Credentials are stored as salted hashes using bcrypt, the industry standard designed by Niels Provos and David Mazieres. DailyCred is securely hosted by Amazon AWS.
- CRM & Backoffice without the Hassle- We create a record of every user and lead that signs up on your website. We even show you how they found you, what campaign they came from, and what they did on your site before signing up. Resetting passwords, monitoring events, banning users, deleting or creating accounts and viewing your website as your users can be handled by any team member.
On the other hand, Stormpath provides the following key features:
- User Authentication as a Service
- Authorization – Easily model and manage your data, including pre-built roles
- Flexible User Profiles