DigitalOcean vs Linode: What are the differences?
What is DigitalOcean? Deploy an SSD cloud server in less than 55 seconds with a dedicated IP and root access. We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel.
What is Linode? Deploy and Manage Linux Virtual Servers in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
DigitalOcean and Linode can be primarily classified as "Cloud Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by DigitalOcean are:
- We provide all of our users with high-performance SSD Hard Drives, flexible API, and the ability to select to nearest data center location.
- SSD Cloud Servers in 55 Seconds
- We provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power and virtual server availability. If we fail to deliver, we’ll credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
On the other hand, Linode provides the following key features:
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles
"Great value for money", "Simple dashboard" and "Good pricing" are the key factors why developers consider DigitalOcean; whereas "Extremely reliable", "Good value" and "Easy to configure" are the primary reasons why Linode is favored.
DigitalOcean, BlaBlaCar, and Accenture are some of the popular companies that use DigitalOcean, whereas Linode is used by Accenture, PlayCanvas, and eTobb. DigitalOcean has a broader approval, being mentioned in 943 company stacks & 686 developers stacks; compared to Linode, which is listed in 130 company stacks and 38 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is DigitalOcean?
What is Linode?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions