What is Linode?
Who uses Linode?
Why developers like Linode?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Linode in their tech stack.
All of our servers are hosted on Linode, which scored better in our benchmarks, and are significantly cheaper than EC2 instances. Linode
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles
- Share disk images between configuration profiles
- Resize disk images
- Network and CPU usage graphs
- Multiple IP address support
- Managed/hosted DNS service with slave support
- Custom reverse DNS (rdns)
- Access Out of band console access using Lish
- Lish menu system to issue jobs to your Linode
- Lish access via SSH keys
- Support for booting into single user mode, init=/bin/bash
- Support for booting with a custom "root=" kernel parameter
- Support for booting with an initrd
- Bootable recovery distribution (Finnix)
- Add and remove extra resources to and from your Linode
- Shutdown Watchdog will automatically reboot your Linode in case of a crash
- Clone a Linode to another
- Move IPs from one Linode to another
- IP address fail over support for high availability setups