Domino vs Paz: What are the differences?
Domino: A PaaS for data science - easily run R, Python or Matlab code in the cloud with automatic version control for data, code, and results. Use our cloud-hosted infrastructure to securely run your code on powerful hardware with a single command — without any changes to your code. If you have your own infrastructure, our Enterprise offering provides powerful, easy-to-use cluster management functionality behind your firewall; Paz: A Simple Docker PaaS Written in Node.js. A pluggable in-house service platform with a PaaS-like workflow, built on Docker, CoreOS, Etcd and Fleet.
Domino and Paz can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Domino are:
- Domino Cloud supports the most powerful data analysis languages — Python, R, MATLAB, and Julia
- Modern and powerful cluster management
- Use a single-core machine during development
On the other hand, Paz provides the following key features:
- A web front-end to CoreOS' Fleet with a PaaS-like workflow
- Like a clustered/multi-host Dokku
- Beautiful web UI
Paz is an open source tool with 6 GitHub stars and 4 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Paz's open source repository on GitHub.