dotCloud vs tsuru: What are the differences?
dotCloud: Deploy, manage and scale any web app. Build your ideal application stack by combining powerful cloud services. Experiment for free, then go live and only pay for what you need. dotCloud enables developers and IT organizations to deploy, manage and scale their applications with unprecedented ease and flexibility by assembling and customizing powerful pre-configured stacks and services; tsuru: Extensible and open source Platform as a Service software. tsuru is an open source polyglot cloud application platform (PaaS). With tsuru, you don’t need to think about servers at all. You can write apps in the programming language of your choice, back it with add-on resources such as SQL and NoSQL databases, memcached, redis, and many others. You manage your app using the tsuru command-line tool and you deploy code using the Git revision control system, all running on the tsuru infrastructure.
dotCloud and tsuru can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by dotCloud are:
- Develop faster- Don’t waste time with servers. Just select the services you need, combine them in a stack, and get back to writing code. It’s like playing lego!
- Don't worry about ops- We keep your app running 24/7 with built-in load-balancing, monitoring and failover. Scale in seconds to handle surges in traffic - and only pay for what you need.
- Not just for throw-away apps- Create maintainable, future-proof applications with a service-oriented architecture. Build custom services and network topologies. Need custom support, pricing or SLAs? We do that too.
On the other hand, tsuru provides the following key features:
- Fast and secure. The entire process is really simple with no special tools needed, just a simple git push.
- Scaling in Tsuru is completely painless. Just add a unit and Tsuru will take care of everything else.
- Tsuru is built to be extensible. Through services you can provide anything your application needs.
tsuru is an open source tool with 3.14K GitHub stars and 421 GitHub forks. Here's a link to tsuru's open source repository on GitHub.
What is dotCloud?
What is tsuru?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose dotCloud?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using dotCloud?
What are the cons of using tsuru?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Tsuru allows developers the necessary and dreamed autonomy, maintaining the infrastructure department confident and is very business oriented as it improves the time to market with safety. Where is the magic?! It is not just starting to treat people as adults(that is mandatory), you also need a system that automatically recover itself(self-healing) after any mistake, misconfiguration, infrastructure problem, etc and (auto)scale easily as needed. We have it for about 4 years at Globo.com using Tsuru PaaS, one of the most loved projects we maintain, totally opensource, powered by Docker, no vendor lock-in, no comercial version(what we use is what we provide) and very receptive to new contributions, discussions, and fix of serious issues(stop the line mindset). Tsuru manages applications with millions of users with no headaches. The main value is that tsuru allowed a new and desired culture, finally developer can have the freedow they want to deploy(the freedom comes with responsability) - thousands of deploys/month and increasing - with increased stability/availability of ours portals We can finally rest calmally at night and in the weekends, letting tsuru dealing automatically with any operational problem may happen. Try it in your company, you too deserve to be happy! https://tsuru.io https://github.com/tsuru/tsuru