Dyn vs Slate: What are the differences?
What is Dyn? Managed DNS, Outsourced DNS & Anycast DNS. An all-in-one Managed DNS service for your registered domain names. Dyn DNS is the perfect solution for your domain name’s DNS needs, whether it is for personal or business use. It gives you complete control over your DNS zone and its associated DNS records, complete with a simple DNS management web interface.
What is Slate? Beautiful static documentation for your API, inspired by Stripe's and Paypal's API docs. Slate helps you create beautiful API documentation. Think of it as an intelligent, responsive documentation template for your API.
Dyn can be classified as a tool in the "DNS Management" category, while Slate is grouped under "Documentation as a Service & Tools".
Some of the features offered by Dyn are:
- Resource Records- 75 records
- Domains/Zones- 1 Zone (yourdomain.com)
- DNS Queries per Month- 600,000
On the other hand, Slate provides the following key features:
- Clean, intuitive design — with Slate, the description of your API is on the left side of your documentation, and all the code examples are on the right side. Inspired by Stripe's and Paypal's API docs. Slate is responsive, so it looks great on tablets, phones, and even print.
- Everything on a single page — gone are the days where your users had to search through a million pages to find what they wanted. Slate puts the entire documentation on a single page. We haven't sacrificed linkability, though. As you scroll, your browser's hash will update to the nearest header, so linking to a particular point in the documentation is still natural and easy.
- Slate is just Markdown — when you write docs with Slate, you're just writing Markdown, which makes it simple to edit and understand. Everything is written in Markdown — even the code samples are just Markdown code blocks!
"API" is the primary reason why developers consider Dyn over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Slate.
Slate is an open source tool with 27.4K GitHub stars and 17.1K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Slate's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Dyn?
What is Slate?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Slate?