Framer vs Origami: What are the differences?
Framer and Origami can be primarily classified as "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design" tools.
Some of the features offered by Framer are:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
On the other hand, Origami provides the following key features:
- Switch- Toggles between on and off and remembers its current state.
- Scroll- Lets you allow the user to scroll an image.
- Bouncy Animation- Animate a changing value with a bouncy spring.
"Great for prototyping" is the primary reason why developers consider Framer over the competitors, whereas "Free" was stated as the key factor in picking Origami.
Framer and Origami are both open source tools. Framer with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Origami with 3.35K GitHub stars and 467 GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Framer has a broader approval, being mentioned in 27 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to Origami, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.