Google Cloud Memorystore vs RedisGreen: What are the differences?
What is Google Cloud Memorystore? Fully managed Redis instances by Google. Cloud Memorystore for Redis provides a fully managed in-memory data store service built on scalable, more secure, and highly available infrastructure managed by Google. Use Cloud Memorystore to build application caches that provides sub-millisecond data access. Cloud Memorystore is compatible with the Redis protocol, allowing easy migration with zero code changes.
What is RedisGreen? Dedicated NoSQL Databases for the Realtime Web. Redis drives the best sites on the web, from Twitter to Pinterest. RedisGreen makes it easy for anyone to use. Customers can spin up databases at the click of a button. RedisGreen's future is in very fast tools to make the most difficult aspects of modern web application development faster, cheaper, and less labor-intensive.
Google Cloud Memorystore and RedisGreen can be primarily classified as "Redis Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by Google Cloud Memorystore are:
- Less DevOps, More Code - Spend more time writing code that takes advantage of the power of Redis and less time managing Redis. Cloud Memorystore automates complex tasks like enabling high availability, failover, patching, and monitoring so that you can spend more time coding.
- Scale as Needed - With Cloud Memorystore for Redis, you can easily achieve the sub-millisecond latency and throughput your applications need. Start with the lowest tier and smallest size, and then grow your Redis instance effortlessly with minimal impact to application availability. Cloud Memorystore can support instances up to 300 GB and network throughput of 12 Gbps.
- Highly Available - High availability instances are replicated across two zones and provide a 99.9% availability SLA (when generally available). Instances are monitored constantly, and with automatic failover, applications experience minimal disruption.
On the other hand, RedisGreen provides the following key features:
- Your server is yours- Every single RedisGreen server is a dedicated EC2 instance, not an ad-hoc multi-tenant environment. Your server will perform as predictably as a reserved EC2 instance, with fast access from the same region.
- Monitored at every level- Our servers are monitored at the server, host, and network levels and we have at least two engineers on-call at all times. Problems are responded to within minutes — not hours — and are often diagnosed and fixed before they become serious.
- Deep insight- Our dashboard graphs your server’s health and performance metrics for every single command. Diagnose performance issues, optimize your use of Redis, and predict problems before they occur.