What is Google Cloud Memorystore?
Who uses Google Cloud Memorystore?
Google Cloud Memorystore Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Google Cloud Memorystore in their tech stack.
We recently moved our main applications from Heroku to Kubernetes . The 3 main driving factors behind the switch were scalability (database size limits), security (the inability to set up PostgreSQL instances in private networks), and costs (GCP is cheaper for raw computing resources).
We prefer using managed services, so we are using Google Kubernetes Engine with Google Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL for our PostgreSQL databases and Google Cloud Memorystore for Redis . For our CI/CD pipeline, we are using CircleCI and Google Cloud Build to deploy applications managed with Helm . The new infrastructure is managed with Terraform .
Read the blog post to go more in depth.
Google Cloud Memorystore's Features
- Less DevOps, More Code - Spend more time writing code that takes advantage of the power of Redis and less time managing Redis. Cloud Memorystore automates complex tasks like enabling high availability, failover, patching, and monitoring so that you can spend more time coding.
- Scale as Needed - With Cloud Memorystore for Redis, you can easily achieve the sub-millisecond latency and throughput your applications need. Start with the lowest tier and smallest size, and then grow your Redis instance effortlessly with minimal impact to application availability. Cloud Memorystore can support instances up to 300 GB and network throughput of 12 Gbps.
- Highly Available - High availability instances are replicated across two zones and provide a 99.9% availability SLA (when generally available). Instances are monitored constantly, and with automatic failover, applications experience minimal disruption.
- Google Grade Security - Cloud Memorystore instances are isolated and protected from the internet using private IPs and are further secured using IAM role-based access control.
- Easy Lift and Shift - Cloud Memorystore for Redis is Redis protocol compatible. You can lift and shift your applications from open source Redis to Cloud Memorystore without any code changes. There is no need to learn new tools since all existing tools and client libraries just work.