Kibana vs Tableau: What are the differences?
Kibana: Explore & Visualize Your Data. Kibana is an open source (Apache Licensed), browser based analytics and search dashboard for Elasticsearch. Kibana is a snap to setup and start using. Kibana strives to be easy to get started with, while also being flexible and powerful, just like Elasticsearch; Tableau: Tableau helps people see and understand data. Tableau can help anyone see and understand their data. Connect to almost any database, drag and drop to create visualizations, and share with a click.
Kibana can be classified as a tool in the "Monitoring Tools" category, while Tableau is grouped under "Business Intelligence".
Some of the features offered by Kibana are:
- Flexible analytics and visualization platform
- Real-time summary and charting of streaming data
- Intuitive interface for a variety of users
On the other hand, Tableau provides the following key features:
- Connect to data on prem or in the cloud—whether it’s big data, a SQL database, a spreadsheet, or cloud apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce. Access and combine disparate data without writing code. Power users can pivot, split, and manage metadata to optimize data sources. Analysis begins with data. Get more from yours with Tableau.
- Exceptional analytics demand more than a pretty dashboard. Quickly build powerful calculations from existing data, drag and drop reference lines and forecasts, and review statistical summaries. Make your point with trend analyses, regressions, and correlations for tried and true statistical understanding. Ask new questions, spot trends, identify opportunities, and make data-driven decisions with confidence.
- Answer the “where” as well as the “why.” Create interactive maps automatically. Built-in postal codes mean lightning-fast mapping for more than 50 countries worldwide. Use custom geocodes and territories for personalized regions, like sales areas. We designed Tableau maps specifically to help your data stand out.
Kibana is an open source tool with 12.4K GitHub stars and 4.81K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kibana's open source repository on GitHub.
Airbnb, DigitalOcean, and 9GAG are some of the popular companies that use Kibana, whereas Tableau is used by Avocode, Zumba, and SoFi. Kibana has a broader approval, being mentioned in 908 company stacks & 481 developers stacks; compared to Tableau, which is listed in 67 company stacks and 38 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Kibana?
What is Tableau?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions