Knockout vs Select2: What are the differences?
Some of the features offered by Knockout are:
- Easily associate DOM elements with model data using a concise, readable syntax
- When your data model's state changes, your UI updates automatically
- Implicitly set up chains of relationships between model data, to transform and combine it
On the other hand, Select2 provides the following key features:
- comes with support for RTL environments, searching with diacritics and over 40 languages built-in
- Using AJAX you can efficiently search large lists of items
- Fully skinnable, CSS built with Sass and an optional theme for Bootstrap 3
Knockout and Select2 are both open source tools. Select2 with 24.6K GitHub stars and 6.03K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Knockout with 9.84K GitHub stars and 1.55K GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Select2 has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2752 company stacks & 37 developers stacks; compared to Knockout, which is listed in 38 company stacks and 146 developer stacks.