Kubenav vs KubeAdvisor: What are the differences?
What is Kubenav? An open source mobile app to manage Kubernetes cluster. It is the navigator for your Kubernetes clusters right in your pocket. It is a mobile and desktop app to help you manage Kubernetes clusters and stay up to date on whats going on in your clusters.
What is KubeAdvisor? It helps DevOps adopt best practices for Kubernetes. It helps teams adopt best practices to accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes, and optimize their existing stack, with machine learning. It scans K8s to make infrastructure and cloud-native applications reliable, resilient, and observable.
Kubenav and KubeAdvisor can be categorized as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Kubenav are:
- Available for mobile and desktop
- Manage workloads like Deployments, Pods and StatefulSets in your Kubernetes cluster
- Get an overview of other resources like Services, ConfigMaps, Persistent Volumes, Secrets and Role Bindings
On the other hand, KubeAdvisor provides the following key features:
- Performance by continuously watching throttled containers/apps and recommending improvements
- Utilization by comparing used resources with the available capacity to reallocate them based on variable workloads
- Cost Optimization by suggesting changes at the VM level to save money in case of cloud infrastructure or identify the best configurations if you are running Kubernetes on-prem
Kubenav is an open source tool with 428 GitHub stars and 17 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kubenav's open source repository on GitHub.