Kubenav vs Nixery: What are the differences?
Developers describe Kubenav as "An open source mobile app to manage Kubernetes cluster". It is the navigator for your Kubernetes clusters right in your pocket. It is a mobile and desktop app to help you manage Kubernetes clusters and stay up to date on whats going on in your clusters. On the other hand, Nixery is detailed as "Container registry which transparently builds images using the Nix package manager". It is a Docker-compatible container registry that is capable of transparently building and serving container images using Nix. It provides ad-hoc container images that contain packages from the Nix package manager. Images with arbitrary packages can be requested via the image name.
Kubenav and Nixery can be primarily classified as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Kubenav are:
- Available for mobile and desktop
- Manage workloads like Deployments, Pods and StatefulSets in your Kubernetes cluster
- Get an overview of other resources like Services, ConfigMaps, Persistent Volumes, Secrets and Role Bindings
On the other hand, Nixery provides the following key features:
- Serve container images on-demand using image names as content specifications
- Use private package sets from various sources
- Efficient serving of image layers from Google Cloud Storage
Kubenav and Nixery are both open source tools. Nixery with 705 GitHub stars and 24 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Kubenav with 428 GitHub stars and 17 GitHub forks.