Layer vs Layers: What are the differences?
What is Layer? Build messaging, voice and video right into your app in minutes. Layer's asynchronous messaging fabric is capable of transporting payloads of any type. Get your users talking with chat, voice or video messaging. Pull them back in with push. Connect friends, colleagues or perfect strangers seamlessly.
What is Layers? A simple WordPress site builder. Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites.
Layer belongs to "Communications SDK" category of the tech stack, while Layers can be primarily classified under "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS".
Some of the features offered by Layer are:
- Send any message payload (photos, videos, location, json data, etc) up to 2GB
- Build your UI quickly with sample UI components to get started
- User-expected communication features work right out of the box (full message state tracking, typing indicators, read receipts)
On the other hand, Layers provides the following key features:
- Preset layouts allow you to get a head start without the intimidation of a big blank canvas
- Create robust, responsive designs that look incredible on mobile phones and tablets
- Integration with WooCommerce means you can start selling right out of the box
Layers is an open source tool with 10 GitHub stars and 7 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Layers's open source repository on GitHub.