Layer vs Moxtra: What are the differences?
Developers describe Layer as "Build messaging, voice and video right into your app in minutes". Layer's asynchronous messaging fabric is capable of transporting payloads of any type. Get your users talking with chat, voice or video messaging. Pull them back in with push. Connect friends, colleagues or perfect strangers seamlessly. On the other hand, Moxtra is detailed as "Integrate chat, voice meetings, screen sharing and recording, and multimedia annotation into your mobile app". Moxtra is the contextual communication + collaboration layer for your mobile and web applications|. Enhance user engagement by adding in-app communication+collaboration. Integrate chat, voice meetings, screen sharing and recording, and multimedia annotation. The Moxtra Cloud is mobile-first and is built to scale on demand to meet your growing needs.
Layer and Moxtra can be primarily classified as "Communications SDK" tools.
Some of the features offered by Layer are:
- Send any message payload (photos, videos, location, json data, etc) up to 2GB
- Build your UI quickly with sample UI components to get started
- User-expected communication features work right out of the box (full message state tracking, typing indicators, read receipts)
On the other hand, Moxtra provides the following key features:
- Chat - The Moxtra Chat module gives you access to a rich messaging service for one on one, group, or topic based conversations.
- Meet - With the Moxtra Meet module, your users can instantly start a full fledged meeting with screen sharing & audio conferencing while on the go.
- Clip - Enable your users to record voice-overs directly on your app screens or onto files stored in your app or your cloud with the Moxtra Clip Module.