What is OpenTok?
It adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
OpenTok is a tool in the Communications SDK category of a tech stack.
Who uses OpenTok?
11 companies reportedly use OpenTok in their tech stacks, including HireArt, COPILOT Platform, and Tonpsy.
18 developers on StackShare have stated that they use OpenTok.
Why developers like OpenTok?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use OpenTok
- Layout control- Create layouts that complement your content and empower your application's experience
- Peer-to-peer calls- Take advantage of peer-to-peer calling for better quality and lower- latency 1:1 scenarios
- Archiving- Download or save calls for future playback with this extension to the OpenTok platform
- Multi-party calls- Bring small groups together for business or social gatherings using face-to-face video
- Moderation- Tame the wild-west nature of social video with OpenTok's moderation functionality
- Broadcast- Create a virtual stage and invite an audience of thousands to join you.
OpenTok Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to OpenTok?
See all alternatives
Twilio offers developers a powerful API for phone services to make and receive phone calls, and send and receive text messages. Their product allows programmers to more easily integrate various communication methods into their software and programs.
It is intelligent and learns from you. You can ask for a digest on-demand, or schedule for daily or weekly digests. Never miss an important conversation again. Discover the most important ideas and insights on Slack seamlessly. Simply add Agora to Slack.
Sinch makes it easy for developers to add voice, messaging and SMS to their apps with just a few lines of code. Enrich your apps with communications that your users will love.
Nexmo connects your apps directly to carriers around the world. Integrate SMS and Voice messages using one simple API. Use Nexmo Verity to register users, verify transactions, and implement two factor authentication.