Layer vs Talkray: What are the differences?
Developers describe Layer as "Build messaging, voice and video right into your app in minutes". Layer's asynchronous messaging fabric is capable of transporting payloads of any type. Get your users talking with chat, voice or video messaging. Pull them back in with push. Connect friends, colleagues or perfect strangers seamlessly. On the other hand, Talkray is detailed as "Easily enable all forms of real-time and asynchronous communication between your mobile users". The Talkray Developer API is a white-label cloud-hosted platform to easily enable all forms of real-time and asynchronous communication between your mobile users. With a few lines of code, you can connect your users together at unparalleled speed and scale. .
Layer and Talkray can be categorized as "Communications SDK" tools.
Some of the features offered by Layer are:
- Send any message payload (photos, videos, location, json data, etc) up to 2GB
- Build your UI quickly with sample UI components to get started
- User-expected communication features work right out of the box (full message state tracking, typing indicators, read receipts)
On the other hand, Talkray provides the following key features:
- One on One or Group Chat / Messaging
- HD VoIP (Asynchronous Voice Message AND Real-Time Calls)
- File Transfer (Images, Voice Recordings, Video, etc.)